We started our Saturday off by attending "The Big Latch On" event. "The Big Latch On" is groups of breastfeeding women coming together at registered locations around the world to all latch on their child at a set time, in hopes of beating the previous years world record.
Aims of the Big Latch On
- Support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide ongoing breastfeeding support and promotion.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available in communities.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding a normal part of the day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for women who breastfeed - women are supported by their partners, family and the breastfeeding knowledge that is embedded in their communities.
This isn't my first rendezvous with breastfeeding, and I have to say this time around I am much more comfortable than I formerly was. With that said, breastfeeding in public is not an issue for me and I was happy to be around other women who were as comfortable in their breastfeeding relationship. No blankets, so shrugs, not hiding in corners or booths; just women feeding their children openly like we were intended to do. I had a great time and so did Kaydence and Kameron. The location this year was perfect, as it was in a infant/toddler learning center, so there was lots of fun activities for both of my kiddos to do.
After leaving the "The Big Latch On," I oiled the kids up with sunscreen and headed for a sandy area. Kaydence was thrilled to be going to the beach and even made up her own cute little song about it. Today was a hot day, with temperatures reaching the high 80's. The Saturday summer sun brought crowds of people, but unlike usual this did not bother me. I was in no hurry to get anywhere fast, and enjoyed the slowed pace of life. Soaking in every moment of this time with my kiddos!
|Ready to Roll|
|Toes in the Sand|
|My Beach Bunnies|
|My Sweet Girl|
|Kameron's Flirt Face:-)|
If today's activities weren't exciting enough, a new toy for Kaydence definitely was a good wrap up of the day. Everyone please meet Dr. Kaydence...
Today was a good day!