Guess we will start with Kameron first! Kameron is weighing in at 21lbs (100th+%), with a height of 28in (90th%) and a head circumference of 17.5in (50th%). Pretty much he is a great big boy! The doctor could not get over how incredibly chunky and strong he was. He took full advantage of this time to shine and wasted no time showing off to the doctor. Rolling over from back to front and front to back, pulling himself into a standing position while holding on to the doctors stethoscope, as she desperately tried to listen to his heart, and winking his bright blues eyes only moments before giving her the biggest gummy smile. What a flirt! She was amazed that he was so big with only a diet of yummy mommy milk, and encouraged me to sell my delicious liquid gold with a nice picture of my plumpalicious boy next to the ad:-) Besides a little eczema my baby boy is doing perfect. Always a good thing for a mommy to hear.
Recent Kameron Milestones:
- His first two teeth (bottom front) officially popped through on June 4th.(4 months old)
- He can roll from front to back and back to front. (4 months old)
- He is able to sit himself up and stay sitting in a tripod position with a steady head. (6 months old)
- He babbles a lot. (5 months old)
- He laughs out loud (cutest boy laugh ever!) (4 months old)
- He has discovered his feet. (5 months old)
- July 1st he began sleeping in his crib and did great from the first day. (6 months old)
- Just in the last week, he has started the process of crawling. He gets on his hand and knees and rocks back and forth, and yesterday he did his first few actual crawl attempts. (6 months old)
- He has began to eat solids. I broke out the old Beaba Baby Cook and made my first batch of homemade organic baby food for the first time in over a year! I love that machine! (5 months old)
- He loves to give kisses now. Grabbing your face with his chunky hands and opening his mouth wide for the sloppiest, wettest kisses.
- Yesterday, July 16th, he slept through the night for the first time. 11 hours total! (6 months old)
- He is accurately picking up things, and has much better eye-hand and hand-mouth coordination.
- He is VERY needy! Wanting to be held whenever possible.
- He is tough! Sister innocently dishes out a lot on our poor little man. And Kameron, built tough, takes it all in stride. Never batting an eye.
|Broke out the Beaba Baby cook for the first time in over a year!|
|Over supply of milk. 420oz|
As for Miss Kaydence, she is still my dainty, petite little girl. Weighing in at 24lbs (25th%), with a height of 33in (25th%) and a head circumference of 19in (50th%). While she is still on the tiny side, she has finally left the 10th percentile bracket and is growing and thriving well. My shy little girl always comes out in public. Head down, mouth shut, close to mommy, and only using sign language to communicate; she fools everyone. The doctor couldn't believe how well behaved and quiet she was. She was awed by her sign language ability and mesmerizer by her beauty. Constantly repeating, "She is so freaking cute!" I love my daughter with every fiber of my being, and with that said, her halo is definitely held up by her horns. She is like a sour patch kid, sour and sweet. She is feisty, fierce and has the patience and temper of her mama. While on the other hand she is the sweetest, cuddly, happy and loving little girl ever. Besides a small yeast rash Kaydence is also perfectly healthy, and again, mama bear approved of this good bill of health!
Recent Kaydence Milestones:
- The terrible twos are in full force these days, with tantrums and a screams that could wake the dead.
- She can combine 5-7 word English sentences such as: We are going to go drink chocolate milk.
- She can understand full signed sentences such as: Do you want to go to the store?
- She can sign 2-3 words sentences such as: Want more milk.
- She can undress all by herself and dress with some help.
- She can climb up and down the stairs.
- She has successfully learned to jump.
- She can feed herself with minimal mess.
- Her speech is about 75% intelligible to strangers.
- She is officially on a one nap schedule (has been for about 7-8 months now)
- She had her first dentist appointment about 3 months ago and the dentist said her teeth were perfect!
- Her favorite word right now is NO.
- Kaydence had her first taste of fast food this month and I hate it! Choosing between hormone filled, deep fried, trans fat chicken nugget mush; or hormone filled, pink slime, mad cow disease beef burgers is a choice I will never make for my child again!
- Her manners are impeccable. She always says please and thank your in both English and Sign Language, simultaneously.
- She can recognize the major shapes (square, rectangle, circle, oval, star, heart, diamond, and triangle)
- She can recognize the basic colors (red, blue, yellow, green, purple, black, white, pink, orange)
- She can sing the alphabet and recognize about 10 letters.
- She can count to 10 in 3 different languages (ASL, English, Greek)
- She knows her right from left
- She adores her brother. Constantly smothering him in hugs and kisses.
- She is more than ready for potty training but is currently not wanting to do it. (We are going at her pace)
Kaydence's 2nd Year of Life Video! Click Here
Enjoy the latest video of Kaydence and Kameron! Click Here
Happy Week! Stay Cool!