I found this Tag after reading a lovely blog by a friend of mine, The Rural Roost, and decided to jump on the bandwagon:-) I might even make a tag vlog out of this tag blog and get this going in the Youtube community as well:-) Well, here are the rules! Post a photo of yourself, 10 randoms things, then answer the questions on the list. Then make 10 questions of your own for others to answer.
My Ten Randoms:
- Contrary to what people believe Sunie is not my first name.
- I only did three years of high school. High school and I didn't get along. I loved school, hated the people so I worked my ass off and graduated a year early. One of the best things I ever did.
- In my 24 years of life, I have never lived in a single home for longer than a year.
- I have served in 2 branches of the military (Air Force and Army). Air Force is by far the better branch
- I have somewhat of an infatuation for tigers. They are my most favorite animal on the planet.
- I am a spontaneous and impulsive person. If I want something I just usually go for it. So far it has worked out for me:-)
- The majority of my family speaks Spanish although non of us have any Latino in us.
- I have a severe phobia of chalk. (Shiver), It absolutely weirds me out!
- I can knit, crochet, and sew as good as your grandma, if not better:-)
- I prefer my carbonated beverages flat. I hate the harshness of carbonation, so if I ever get a bottled soda I usually shake it for a few minutes before drinking it.
Questions from Maggie:
1. What was your most vulnerable experience?
The day I got on the airplane for Hawaii at the ripe age of 16, with $100 in my pocket and no real plan of action. I had no idea what was ahead of me!
2. Coffee or Tea?
Definitely coffee! You can't be a Washingtonian without a love for coffee:-) Although I am caffeine sensitive, I love a hot cup of coffee to start my morning!
3. What's your favorite thing about the place you live?
My proximity to the ocean. Ever since Hawaii, I have become a beach bunny. I love the feeling of sand between my toes, the smell of salt water, and the sound of the tide echoing off the shore. Now, I would prefer that the weather be a bit warmer at the beach but just having the ocean close is good enough for me:-)
4. What is your favorite blog out there?
Since I am new to the blogging community there are only two blogs that I am currently following, The Rural Roost and Smith Life As We Know It.Both of these gals are great bloggers and I love following them. (And I am not just saying that because they are also my friends:-)
5. What do you want your life to look like 5 year from now?
This has become a difficult question for me because 5 years ago when asked this question my answer was nothing of what my life currently is. However, I couldn't even imagine it not going the way it did. What I hope my life entails in 5 years is family, happiness, and love. As far as all of the other stuff goes (houses, degrees, material things) they won't mean anything to me if I don't have the previous three.
6. What's the biggest change you've noticed in yourself since college?
I worry more! I have become an absolute worry wart. I worry about where I am in life, where I am going, how I am getting there. I worry about my health, my kids health, my husbands health, my grandfathers health. I worry about what to make for dinner, where are we going to move next year, how am I going to do my hair today. I used to be so much more carefree and relaxed. Maybe it was that fact that Hawaii makes it hard to worry about much, but since college I have become an anxious mess:-)
7. Tell me about your craziest wild animal encounter?
When I was about 15 there was a bat that got into our house somehow. To my mother, sister and I this was the closest we had ever come to a wild animal besides the zoo. As you can imagine 3 urban women doing, the minute we saw it we all three screamed and locked ourselves in the nearest room where we then called a man to come handle the situation. Well, the man we called knew no better of a way to handle a bat than we did. Without going into too many details, 1 broom, 2 sheets, lots of screaming and a garbage bag later we "figured out" the bat situation:-)
8. what is the best live concert you've been to?
Avenged Sevenfold during the Taste of Chaos Tour! Let's just say AMAZING!
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
By far, hands down SWEETS! Cookies, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate, candy, brownies, you name it, I LOVE it!
10. What is your Starbucks order?
Grande extra caramel, caramel frappuccino when it is hot outside and cinnamon dulche white chocolate mocha when it is cold outside.
And here are my questions for you:
- What is the longest you have ever had to stay up?
- What is the happiest moment thus far in your life?
- What is the one food you cannot live without?
- Summer or winter? Why?
- Number 1 on your 'bucket list'?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What ice cream flavor best represent your personality? Why?
- Where is your great escape?
- What is your secret talent?
- Tell me your scariest moment
Tag you're it! Be sure to leave a comment below if you decided to participate so I can follow you!